North Chickamauga River Segment
South to North (ft)
North to South (ft)
|GPX File (Right click, save as)||AllTrails Link|
|Full Segment||Lower and Upper North Chickamauga||16.2||1,940||3,130||Link||Page|
|Lower North Chickamauga: Montlake to Rockhouse||7.0||1,830||1,030||Link||Page|
|Barker Camp Rd Connector||1.1||240||20||Link||Page|
|Upper North Chickamauga: Rockhouse to Hall Rd||9.6||910||1,340||Link||Page|
Lower North Chickamauga Creek: Montlake to Rockhouse
- Stars: I have not yet hiked this section. But I have kayaked it and it is a spectacular canyon. I imagine the trail is equally as superb.
- Access: This parking area is a road that drops down to the large multi tiered parking area off of Montlake Rd to the "North Chickamauga Creek Gorge Trailhead." It is only open from 7 am to 7 pm so plan accordingly as to not get locked in.
Barker Camp Rd Connector
- Stars: I have not hiked this short connector trail yet.
- Access:This connector is used as the northern access (Location: 35.23681, -85.23415) for those not wanting to out and back from the bottom. The parking is at a gate on the road. Park at the gate and walk down the road or the new trail that runs more or less parallel to the road.
Upper North Chickamauga Creek: Rockhouse to Hall Rd
- Stars: TBD
- Access: Apparently this trail is now open, however some of it is flagged as opposed to white blazed.
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...
A Wet State - Home Page